In-House Recruiter - Technical Learning Platform
As part of the O’Reilly’s Talent team, you will support the company’s growing recruiting efforts enterprise-wide. As a Recruiter on the team you will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. You will have the opportunity to find and hire talent for our technology, content, finance, design, and sales teams!
In this hands-on Recruiter role you will be responsible for leading high-volume recruiting of quality candidates as well as running an efficient and continuously improving recruiting engine with the ability to influence and partner with the organization (hiring managers and execs) to gain buy-in and achieve strategic business goals.
As a recruiter, you will:
- Bring a passion for owning and delivering a best in class recruitment experience to candidates, hiring managers, colleagues and leadership
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Develop strong relationships and communication with managers (both domestic and international) to anticipate hiring needs
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Source, screen, interview, present and close candidates distributed across all functions
- Successfully prioritize, manage and complete searches efficiently based on established benchmarks and metrics
- Develop sourcing strategies, plans and candidate pipeline
- Successfully draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, to build dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and the HR team
- Share ideas and collaborate on implementing strategies related to recruitment of talent that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Attend and participate in job fairs and recruiting sessions
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor degree or a combination of relevant education and experience
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process
- In-house recruiting experience preferably in a tech environment
- Experience sourcing and closing in a competitive marketplace
- Experience using metrics and analytics to drive recruiting process
- Experience proactively managing activity in Jobvite or other ATS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficiency in Google suite applications
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional values that are consistent with O’Reilly’s Core Operating Principles http://www.oreilly.com/about/operating-principles.html
Success will include:
- A hands-on, roll up your sleeves approach to the recruiting function
- Aptitude for exceptional candidate generation and client management
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently throughout the organization, with candidates and agencies
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Commitment to excellent customer service and candidate experience
- Exceptional time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to manage workload in a constantly changing environment
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly online learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity/