About the role
O’Reilly Media is seeking a Program Director for our Interactive Training product lines. The Program Director will oversee the financial health of the programs, including forecasting and advising Content Directors, VPs, on the strategic direction of the programs. As Program Director, you will oversee the growth of the programs and report on performance and trends within the programs that result in increased engagement in the platform. Direct reports include the Managing Editor responsible for the development of the content in the programs. Working closely with our Content Directors you will be responsible for continuously improving the programs with an eye towards expanding our capabilities and ensuring the business moves quickly on market opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have previous managerial experience and understand how to run the operations of and report on the financial health of the business unit. Strong leadership, communication, and delegation skills are important.
- Assume financial management of the Interactive Training programs, and through working with your counterparts in finance continually report on the performance of the program. This includes collecting and analyzing data, and making recommendations for improving the program’s effectiveness as measured by engagement and usage of content in the program.
- Manage and grow the program by identifying areas of improvement, growth, and opportunity.
- Develop and continuously refine the strategic content direction for Live and Interactive Training product lines.
- Collaborate with editorial team members to grow the business
- Develop and communicate plans for revenue growth and continued profitability.
- Build and establish a performance-driven team and collaborative culture.
- Energize and engage teams around the purpose and strategy of the business.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth.
You are a continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong leadership, analytical, and relationship management skills. You enjoy learning, leading, collaborating, and analyzing data to improve business outcomes. You have familiarity or willingness to learn the subject matter domains for the programs you will manage. You have a solid understanding and appreciation of the business goals and are an effective leader and data storyteller.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Effective written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Proven relationship skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 8+ years of editorial or business management experience that includes strategy planning
- 2+ years of experience managing a business unit or product line
- Previous experience with an educational or technical training organization
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity