Data Integration Architect
About Your Team
Our data platform team’s mission is to provide a data infrastructure that will enable the business easy access to quality, trustworthy, timely data for reporting, analytics, and in support of actionable insights. Our key areas of focus are designing and building a sustainable and scalable data architecture, treating data as a core corporate asset, improving processes, governance, while capturing application, functional area, and reporting needs. We are intentional in our search for teammates who are helpful, respectful, communicate openly, and are always willing to do what’s best for our users. The team is broadly distributed across the US in multiple cities and time zones and constantly encourages each other to deliver work that instills pride and fulfillment.
About the Job
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced data integration architect to help design and develop a data integration framework. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of modern data engineering concepts and will work closely with the data architect to build an infrastructure that supports a user base in the millions and datasets with billions of records. The candidate will design and implement a data framework that is inclusive of data integration services spanning data profiling, ingestion, transformation, quality and data ops management services in consultation with other stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of Data Integration Framework (DIF) and Analytics Data Architecture (ADA).
- Design and implement effective solutions utilizing data pipelines, ETL/ELT techniques.
- Design a set of reusable approaches and processes to implement Data Integration architecture.
- Work with other SMEs to implement Data Quality solutions into integration flows.
- Understand ETL/ELT code performance and maintenance implications for implementation.
- Drive the implementation of the data integration projects with Data as a service mindset that spans data profiling, data ingestion, transformation, quality.
- Collaborate with Data Architecture and other SMEs. Prepare and present ETL solutions for technical teams.
- Experience developing and delivering ETL specifications for large reporting platforms.
- Experience with multiple ETL and ELT vendors in Modern Data Integration stack:
- Azure Data Factory
- Deep understanding of SQL, shell scripting, and Python or Java.
- Experience with Data Preparation tools like Alteryx.
- Experience with implementation of various ETL concepts, like CDC(Change Data Capture), different SCD(Slowly Changing Dimension) types, error handling.
- Understanding of full, incremental, reload processes.
- Strong experience architecting and deploying cloud enabled data solutions, GCP using BigQuery, Bigtable, DataFlow, CloudSQL and Looker.
- Understanding of the modern data integration industry. Experience with multiple integration vendors.
- Experience with cloud databases like Azure, Snowflake.
- Familiarity with Project management methodologies: Agile, DevOps.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree(preferred); or 4 years of related experience with a Master’s degree.
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that. Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity