The Financial Analyst is responsible for data collection and analysis. In this role, you will support the FP&A team in their mission to provide strategic planning, financial analysis, business intelligence and internal consulting across all O’Reilly business units.
The role primarily serves internal teams to O’Reilly; for example, Finance, Marketing, Sales and the Management team. The Financial Analyst, by producing clear and effective reporting, enables leaders to make informed decisions regarding issues critical to their business.
This role reports to the Senior Financial Analyst and is a remote position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Marketing team to provide in-depth cohort reporting for ecommerce metrics. i.e. trial conversion, lifetime customer value, customer acquisition cost, churn, etc.
- Working closely with Marketing and Sales Management on top of the funnel enterprise sales metrics. i.e. lead conversion, pipeline generation, Sales Rep performance, etc.
- Leveraging existing corporate systems and recommending enhancements, changes, or new systems to support SaaS KPIs and reporting.
- Performing variance and trend analysis between actual, budget and forecast targets for our SaaS business. Using trend analysis to forecast results for upcoming years in Adaptive Planning budgeting tool.
- Designing both recurring and ad hoc analysis on key business metrics and presenting findings in a clear and actionable format to give management visibility and support decision making.
- Working directly with functional VPs, Directors and Finance leadership to develop rolling financial forecasts and key performance indicators.
- Assisting in providing insight in pricing, campaign analysis, marketing reporting, and additional weekly & monthly metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2 - 3+ years experience in an analyst role.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and insight to all levels of the organization.
- Sufficient understanding and application of data presentation theory and best practices.
- A passion for problem solving through investigation and inquiry.
- Ability to work effectively in groups while comfortably executing tasks with a high level of independence.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Sound understanding of reporting/data process flow.
- Understanding of basic business concepts, with a specific focus on financial and accounting principles.
- Workday Adaptive Planning experience is a plus.
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity