This position will assist Royalty Department Manager in daily activities. Assistance will be needed in receiving and updating accounting payee records and will also require interaction with the editors, their assistants, and outside authors directly. Other administrative duties include invoice entry, drafting letters, working with Excel spreadsheets and multiple reporting tools.
This position will mainly be remote but will require to come to our Sebastopol, CA office at least one day a week.
- Communicate with editorial staff and legal department when issues arise or clarification of contract language is necessary
- Answer questions from editorial and legal department staff and authors regarding tax form related inquiries.
- Oracle address and banking information updates.
- Payee account maintenance
- Generate and reconcile data reports using Microsoft Excel a variety of reporting tools.
- Filing, electronic filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, stuffing envelopes, managing large quantities of documentation (contracts, statements, notations), and auditing mailing addresses
- Research returned mail and contact information, broadcast updated information to company.
- Assist with other accounting staff needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills, follow-through, and attention to detail
- Experience in transactional accounting, i.e. accounts payable, invoice entry, vendor setup and maintenance and implementing tax withhold regulations.
- Adaptability and willingness to work with multiple software applications (Oracle experience a plus)
- Microsoft applications – intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Accurate typing and 10 key skills.
- IRS Forms – Familiarity with W-9, W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E and 1099 forms and data requirements a plus.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment, provide and accept feedback in a professional manner, and support team workers to achieve common goals
- High School Diploma, some college level courses in accounting or bookkeeping.
- 2 years or more experience in transactional accounting (accounts payable preferred)
- Data entry – typing minimum 45 words per minute and 10-key by touch
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity