Sales Development Representative (UK)
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) for the EMEA market, you will help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position O’Reilly’s products and services. You’ll have the opportunity to master your sales skills in an environment that fosters continuous learning and growth.
You will participate in a multiyear development program focused on building your foundational sales skills and mastering those skills to enable progression to more senior sales positions. Your onboarding will consist of a comprehensive sales training focused on mastering consultative selling skills and learning about O’Reilly’s products and services. This will provide you with the tools to make an instant impact as part of a highly collaborative sales team. The SDR role provides a fantastic opportunity to join an accomplished and talented sales team in a role that offers uncapped earning potential and a clear, results-focused career path.
This is a remote role based out of the UK.
About the Role
As part of O’Reilly’s sales team, you will be a strategic member of the organization supporting critical corporate sales goals. In most cases, you may act as the first contact for O’Reilly’s business prospects. You may also be working with existing customers to drive maximum adoption of O’Reilly’s solutions.
The SDR role is a challenging and exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, ability to remain focused, and follow-through on lead generation targets. You will be provided the tools, data, and coaching to help you be successful in growing the company’s sales pipeline.
The O’Reilly Media portfolio of products includes best-in-class editorial products, the O’Reilly learning platform and our interactive teaching platform, Katacoda.com. In this role, you will work on our all O’Reilly products to bring learning to millions of global users.
- Build a strong sales pipeline by conducting a large volume of daily outbound calls and other types of outreach to current customers and new sales prospects
- Gather prospect information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested parties in learning more about the company’s products and services
- Collaborate with the field and inside sales teams to develop creative outreach strategies.
- Schedule product demonstrations for field and inside sales representatives.
- Manage customer calls and web presentations
- Ensure all data is properly maintained and updated in the company’s CRM application (Salesforce)
- Gain in-depth knowledge of O’Reilly products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
- Develop good customer relationships to identify and drive product expansion/upsell opportunities
- BS or BA degree, or a combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years work experience in a similar sales role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for sales and a desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- High customer empathy and ability to handle objections
- Previous sales experience is great, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate using technical concepts
- Working knowledge of O’Reilly Learning platform is a plus
- Professional demeanor
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skills to acquire a higher level understanding of the role and mission of the broader sales team
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn More: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity/