Senior Product Manager
About Your Team
O'Reilly Media is looking to bring on a passionate and deeply curious Product Manager to help define and build out our product offering that helps individuals achieve their learning and career goals through the native mobile experience. Join our growing product team as we continue to improve our learning journeys, helping over 2.5M professionals learn by doing.
About the Job
As a Senior Product Manager leading Mobile, you will be a key member of O’Reilly’s Product team, responsible for leading the mobile product vision and roadmap across both iOS and Android for our millions of users.
As Senior Product Manager, you will:
- Develop a product vision and mobile roadmap that is aligned with the long-term vision of the company, while delivering immediate impact on targeted business objectives
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to incorporate customer needs into product decisions
- Translate upcoming product roadmap backlog into requirements documents (specs) with clear prioritization among features
- Listen to the people who use the app, the people who don't, stakeholders, and teammates. Then absorb and incorporate into your thinking, process, and roadmap.
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team members critical to the product’s success
- Partner with Product Design to review wireframes and design mocks, and provide feedback
- Collaborate through excellent verbal and written communication, PRDs, user stories, Slack emojis, and documentation.
- Work with engineering leads and project management to prioritize and orchestrate projects through agile development.
- Measure and report on product adoption and impact, and use data to recommend feature enhancements
- Advocate for the mobile apps and team internally across engineering, finance, sales, marketing, and customer success
- Innovate across devices and platforms to increase engagement and enhance the user’s learning journey
- You make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly iterating as new data reveals itself
- You can analyze and understand large data sets and filter out the noise, distilling the complex to be simple. You can use this data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Ambiguity is your jam. You can come in and define a program from scratch, build a plan, and drive
- You inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- You can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls
- You bring a strong emoji and gif game, and are willing to level up your drawasaurus skill set in the name of team fun
- 5+ years of product management experience with 1-2+ years of mobile PM experience
- BA/BS required
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solver with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Experience and comfort talking to users to identify pain points
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful products
- Deep interest and awareness of the latest mobile trends and technologies.
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly online learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.