Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
About Your team
O’Reilly Media is growing our enterprise data team of reporting analysts, architects, and engineers. This team is responsible for data governance, business intelligence, enterprise data architecture, data analytics, and ensuring that data is managed as a core corporate asset at O’Reilly. As a member of the enterprise data team, you will work collaboratively with engineering, product, security, data science, legal, finance, marketing, customer service, and individuals throughout all areas of the business to ensure reliable and trustworthy access to business intelligence reporting in support of business decision making and strategy development.
About the Job
As a Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst you will be responsible for helping O’Reilly access and understand our data, generating best-in-class visualizations and reporting in support of business decision making. We are looking for a candidate who not only has the technical skills to build out quality reporting across multiple platforms and tools, but someone with experience to help us understand what we are looking at, and define what we should be looking at. We are actively investing in how we manage data across our organization and need a team player to help us achieve this goal successfully.
Work with executives, managers, and employees across the organization to gather and define requirements for reporting needs
- Provide insights and recommendations on how our organization and our end customers can best understand, access and visualize our data
- Build reporting across multiple BI platforms
- Train users in the development, maintenance and use of reporting in a BI platform
- Work with multiple teams to help define how data should best be captured, used, presented and defined across our organization
- Assist with the development of a new Data Quality Framework
- Assist with the development, implementation and ongoing support of new reporting related tools including BI Tools (ie; Power BI, OBI), Data Prep, ETL/ELT tools
- Assist in the design, building and monitoring of key quality metrics and health dashboards
Let's talk if you have
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience doing similar work
- Advanced BI skills
- SQL Skills and understanding of data models
- Hands-on, proven experience with reporting technologies like Power BI, Tableau, Looker
- Great communication and collaboration skills. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Experience with OBIEE
- Experience working with a Data Governance Framework
- Technical competency with cloud database technologies
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity