Strategic Account Manager
About the Platform Sales Team
The Platform sales team is an important engine working to drive transformation in companies across the globe. If you are a sales professional looking for an organization where you can thrive both as an individual and as part of a highly motivated team, this is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level.
In this role you will be responsible for the retention and growth of our largest and most important Platform accounts by understanding their business goals and objectives. This is first and foremost a selling role! We operate in a highly competitive and quickly changing marketplace. While your primary responsibility is working with existing O'Reilly customers, you will need to ensure continuous adherence to the O’Reilly sales process and become an expert in our customization and training opportunities in order to succeed. We call this the O’Reilly backpack.
We have an incredible team focused on supporting you - a sales support organization (including Customer Relationship Managers) that will work closely with you and your accounts to maximize your daily, consultative selling time, product designers and engineers consistently enhancing our platform, and an editorial team which creates and curates the best content and training in the world. Customer success teams ensure your customers are seamlessly onboarded, keep customers continuously engaged and provide critical ongoing support. O’Reilly is a company that innovates around the customer and ensures you have what you need to succeed as a sales professional.
O’Reilly Media offers a highly intense, yet highly committed sales environment. As an O’Reilly team member you will enjoy a world-class work atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefit plans, collaborative leadership teams as well as a company geared to support your success.
About the Job
- Manage between 50-70 key clients and be responsible for both renewal and growth strategies across your account base always putting customer needs first
- Create and execute strategic account plans to insure alignment with client initiatives and success metrics to grow each account
- You are expected to be the “resident expert” for each of your accounts and their respective industries. You will understand your accounts business goals, challenges, competitors, leadership and transformation objectives. You will be responsible and ready to share this information with colleagues across the company at any time
- Work with clients to create strategies to promote awareness, adoption, and expansion of O’Reilly platform and services
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and onsite visits with clients in order to renew and grow platform, custom platform and learning services solutions
- Introduce and upsell new O’Reilly “backpack” products and services to your customers
- Provide client feedback to the organization in a timely and productive manner
- Build contacts and networks in new areas of your client’s organizations - beyond your original stakeholders
- Work with CRM support team to analyze and determine overall account health and make proactive recommendations to encourage adoption and growth
- Contribute as an individual, but also collaborate with peers and management to help the team and the company achieve their overarching goals
- Documentation of all sales activities including client engagement, opportunity forecasting, and client support needs for CRM follow-up in Salesforce
- Participate in regular strategy meetings, sales meetings and training sessions as required
- Experience with cloud based corporate learning services
- Understanding of subscription models
- Consultative sales training
- Business acumen and an understanding of general business principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Most contact is via email, phone, web interactions and in-person meetings
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate successful use of various web-based selling tools including Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Cirrus and Clearslide
- Strong interpersonal skills and history of working on highly collaborative teams
- Relationship focused and experienced in complex account management
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- 4+ years of experience in sales or account management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with learning and development, HR and IT professionals preferred
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity