Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions: As per Optimas quality systems and any local procedures
Responsible for: New Technology and Business Development. Generation of TVM (Total Value Management) of both customers’ application and the vendors’ product/process.
Design and specification of new fastener technology for our Automotive customers with specific focus on our optimising the use of our manufacturing facilities.
Responsible to: Vice President of Automotive
- Management of the Sales Team and development of the business
- Management of New Model and TVM Engineers
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
- Management of RFQ’s for OEM and Aftermarket customers to win new business
- Management of New Model Application Engineers to ensure that the business objectives are met
- Management of TVM Engineers to ensure that the cost saving objectives are met
- Win new business that meet company objectives
- Individual and department KPI’s for cost, weight and part rationalisation
- Weekly and Monthly reports to both internal and customer senior management
- TVM ideas from inception through to implementation
- Maintain detailed and up to date tracker of ideas on the customer systems
- Maintain detailed up to date tracker of new business and margin for current and new business
- Line walk the customer to find TVM ideas
- Work with preferred vendors to identify new technology opportunities to achieve the “Principle Activities”
Key Skills and Competences
- Strong Engineering background minimum Degree or equivalent
- Proven Business development
- Customer relationship skill
- Proven Management skills capable of motivating both internal or external customers
- Automotive vehicles / industry
- Knowledge fasteners, materials & finishes
- Analytical skills & Good problem solving skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Presentation at senior level
- Decision Making
- Leadership & development of the team
- Working as part of a team
- Change Management
- Leading Customer Meetings
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint - Advanced
Health and Safety
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Enforce good housekeeping
- Ensure HR policies are followed with full compliance
- Always act in a professional manner with respect that in line with Optimas’s guidelines and be an example to others.
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will assist when other staff members are not available, (eg not at desk, out of office, absent). The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Managers Signatures: