Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction, optimizing product availability and lowest cost in a multi-location global distribution environment. Outstanding collaboration with other functional areas within the business is critical to achieve the objectives.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager will:
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication and training and development; implement talent development and succession plans.
- Create and foster high performance culture focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Champions company initiatives driving increased engagement.
- Implement best practices and exploit efficiencies.
- Manage inventory by increasing turns and minimizing excess of obsolete.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure cost, quality and supply assurance goals are met.
- Monitor purchase price variances and implement corrective actions
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing to implement supply chain strategies & manage day to day supply issues.
- Manage inventory levels based on market rate of demand.
- Collaborate with strategic sourcing on supplier roadmaps and strategies
- Monitor and manage supplier compliance to contracts (costs, lead-times, terms, etc) and manage supplier on-time delivery performance.
- Resolve continuity of supply issues internally and with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery to customers.
- Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials.
- Communicate pertinent information to both internal customers and international suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
- Streamline procurement processes with efficient use of ERP/MRP systems and other tools
- Assure that all system generated planning tasks are executed and all system data is maintained.
- Identify procedural and internal control gaps and implement solutions.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture.
- Other tasks and duties.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Knowledge of materials management, supply chain, distribution, warehousing and purchasing.
- PC proficient, working knowledge of MS Office applications, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience desired.
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Good organizational skills – ability to prioritize and do problem solving independent of supervision
- Fluent in English
- Ability to exercise and apply critical thinking to day-to-day situations
- Solid experience in working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using formulas, inserting charts, sorting, pivot tables).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess financial awareness and ability to perform basic cost/benefit analysis
- Knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under his/her responsibility.
- Strong ability to solve problems and produce alternative solutions
- Detail-oriented with effective time management and prioritization skills.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, Engineering or similar field combined with proven experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment/working directly with industrial manufacturing suppliers. Relevant work history and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Excellent English communication skills - Written and Spoken (MUST)
- Working knowledge of purchasing and supply chain concepts with appropriate accreditation
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.
Page | 1