We’re seeking a Network Engineer to join our dynamic organization, to be based out of our offices in Glenview, Illinois USA.
This position is responsible for ensuring continuous connectivity among Optimas’ applications and all global users. Network solutions facilitate all Optimas business services, including those which are external-facing and direct to the consumer. Failure to maintain operational health can result in an immediate disruption to business capability and a loss of brand reputation.
The Network Engineer logically troubleshoots highly technical issues to reach a final resolution in daily operations. In project work, this position investigates, designs and implements solutions to enable a flexible, reliable computing infrastructure.
If you are a dedicated professional and fearless learner who thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment, this is the place for you!
This position requires key responsibilities shared by all IT infrastructure team members:
- Understand most technologies in the environment to engineer integrated solutions and adaptively provide operational support as needed
- Update and leverage centralized information management and workflow systems (e.g., CMDB, ticket systems, architecture diagrams, standardized operating procedures, etc.)
- Resolve escalated incidents, including 24x7 as appropriate
- Drive operational alignment with the Service Desk and all other IT teams proactively
- Prioritize work based on input from other IT teams to drive solutions that meet business needs and optimize operations
- Seek out and usher in new solutions to meet business needs and optimize operational efficiency
- Own all engineering aspects of multiple core technologies
- Deploy solutions in partnership with IT peers to minimize customer impact, providing documentation and training to successfully transition operational responsibilities
- Create project plans, lead projects, and complete project tasks on-time
- Manage external technology partners and vendors
- Build and manage connectivity solutions in public cloud environments
- Design, install and configure hardware and software solutions on-premises
- Manage administrative rights, accurate inventory, and consistent configurations
- Implement and manage solutions for orchestration, performance and capacity management
- Integrate and automate solutions as much as possible
- Proactively provision resources to ensure capacity and performance
- Lead the patching and upgrading of systems regularly to minimize business risk
- Ensure a healthy disaster recovery capability
- Identify and communicate security vulnerabilities and other business risks
This position is, at its core, a technical position. A special expertise is required in servers, networks, and security, and the supporting infrastructure. All IT positions, however, must perform as a team and deliver outstanding service to the users, our customers. This requires procedures, initiative, ownership, cooperation, urgency, and adaptation. As a service owner, this position needs to build and maintain standards and policies, often leveraging peers and external resources to support the environment at a large scale.
- Ability to influence and lead others, including executives and end-users around the world
- Ability to embrace change, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Results-driven and an entrepreneurial spirit to design and build a global connectivity solution
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to find correlation among disparate systems and events
- Ability to maintain discipline while working in a production landscape
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills
- Success working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science) or relevant work experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a global enterprise network role is required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching certification or higher required
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, MPLS, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, VPN, SIP, firewalls, etc. required
- Experience building and managing network solutions in public clouds is preferred
- Experience with load balancing, Meraki SDWAN, and CheckPoint firewalls is preferred
- Expertise with industry test tools (Wireshark, airmon-ng, tcpdump, etc.) is preferred
- Experience and certifications in security are preferred
- Expertise with Linux, Windows, Active Directory, and related ecosystem components preferred
- Experience with orchestration/automation, such as Ansible, is preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps culture, methodologies and technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of compliance standards and data privacy laws and practices is preferred
- Ability to travel, including internationally, and work outside normal business hours when needed
- Frequently required to reach, pull, and/or employ fine motor skills, lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 20 lbs. while working with technology equipment
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.