Warehouse Team Leader
We're seeking a Warehouse Team Leader to join our dynamic team in Coppel, Texas.
This individual must be able to effectively motivate and lead a group to complete all daily operational tasks. The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of 6 S functions. The Warehouse Team Leader must keep good attendance.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
The Warehouse Team Leader will be responsible of the following:
- Train new team members; ensure team members are following business practices.
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Unloading of goods delivered.
- Check that goods advised match goods rec’d, check PO for qty’s and due date.
- Book onto the system, batch each box as required, pass samples and paperwork to Inspection.
- Put goods away to picking or pallet locations or transfer to boxing or subcontract operations.
- Confirm receipt of any documentation accompanying the delivery e.g. material cert, test cert. etc.
- Repackaging of bulk product into smaller quantities to comply with the companies or customer requirements.
- To fill boxing machine hoppers as necessary (waste management).
- Print labels as required (batch number).
- Move boxed goods to designated storage locations.
- Produce dispatch notes, picking lists and labels, as necessary.
- Resolve discrepancies noted when picking.
- Advise line manger of potential stock outs.
- Confirm items picked correspond to the items described on the note.
- Pack items to ensure they remain secure and undamaged to their destination.
- Arrange for the issue of certification as detailed on the picking note.
- Load goods for dispatch onto transport within deadlines
- Continually check for damaged labels and request replacements as necessary.
- Cover for envoys as and when required, subject to relevant licenses held.
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor with additional tasks as required.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years relevant warehouse experience required.
- Ability to read, understand and maintain records as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Leadership; positive attitude with ability to motivate a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient with PC.
- Forklift experience preferred.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.