Indirect Purchasing Manager
Optimas is a global provider of integrated supply chain solutions and technical support delivering highly engineered fasteners and components to customers around the globe. Customers are served by approximately 1,700 employees operating 45 distribution centers and 2 manufacturing locations across 16 countries.
To learn more about Optimas, visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Manage indirect procurement activities creating indirect sourcing strategies, policies and procedures delivering value to the organization. Create collaborative business plans with strategic vendors recommending sourcing solutions and execution of best practices applying analytics to optimize cost savings. Ensure adequate services, suppliers, equipment and other materials are available to meet business needs.
Formulate strategy for the global indirect procurement program.
Establish procurement policies, process, and standardizations across the company, while partnering with internal stakeholders to manage external spend.
Drive cost optimization activities for indirect spend categories across global footprint.
Determine appropriate cost-effective procurement methods, processes, tools, and systems.
Manage, plan, develop and implement indirect procurement methods, processes, tools and systems.
Drive strategic cost reduction efforts.
Recommend and initiate improvements to the overall procurement program.
Establish appropriate internal policies and governance to ensure cost-effective procurement.
Foster and manage strategic relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers
Negotiate and maintain supplier agreements and contracts defining quality, delivery, pricing, service levels and other terms and conditions.
Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers for the procurement of goods, services and supplies.
Lead contracts and supplier implementations.
Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively minimize risk and exploit emerging opportunities.
Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry research and cost models, as appropriate.
Manage global company car programs.
Identify potential projects by analyzing category spend and market analysis to deliver improved products and lower costs through negotiations, supplier management, strategic sourcing, category management and total cost principles.
Use personal influence to persuade and gain support for identified projects. Build and leverage relationships and networks across the organization.
Monitor, track and report savings and incremental value of sourcing activities.
Provide Sourcing expertise to senior management for major projects involving the selection, negotiation and acquisition of goods and services on a worldwide basis.
Identify, develop and manage strategic business relationships
Gain a comprehensive understanding of business
Analyze industry trends, evolving technologies, and leverage buying power to identify opportunities for savings, minimizing risk and non-compliance, protecting continuity of supply, exploiting emerging opportunities and global market trends.
Drive adoption of procurement policies.
Work collaboratively to select suppliers, establish alternative sources of supply, and leverage spend meeting strategic initiatives and objectives including cost efficiencies.
Form negotiation strategies to achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
Administer and manage contracts ensuring compliance while adhering to global laws and regulations and company standards.
Periodically review policies and processes for effectiveness and continuous improvement and work with suppliers to measure and improve performance.
Build, manage, and adhere to department budget, procurement schedules, productivity, cost reduction, and spend management to ensure support of company financial goals.
Monitors actual performance versus goals and reports results.
Act as escalation point for supplier performance issues.
Manage projects effectively through planning, organization and project management
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Global Sourcing, Procurement and Supplier Management
- RFI, RFQ, RFP
- Negotiation, Contract Development and Management
- Managing Supplier Performance, Measurement, and Quality Improvement
- Change Management
- Supplier Performance Audits
- Flexible and able to take on broader assignments, duties, projects, and/or opportunities as assigned.
- Ability to influence and lead with and without authority in a highly matrix organization
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to lead projects to completion on time and within budget
- Strong consensus builder and cross-functional and cross-organizational team leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of procurement processes and applications to diverse categories to deliver value for the business. Includes ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions
- Track record of implementing new and improving existing procurement processes in a business that is growing and constantly changing
- Ability to read and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with critical attention to detail
- Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and proactively problem solve
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Highly effective at initiating and leading teams by building trust and relationships
- Proven results in managing and implementing strategic sourcing processes, approaches and techniques including supplier negotiations
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to engage and manage expectations of stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate contracts, work with business unit stakeholders, lead cross-functional teams, identify opportunities and sources, and drive significant contributions to lower the total cost of goods and services.
- Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team and others to gather and assess budget forecasts.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will thrive working with us if you have the following:
- A. Degree in Finance or any other relevant degree.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience with purchasing and vendor management across a large multi-location, multi-national business.
- Experience managing fleet and travel programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) with strong experience in Excel including creation of ad hoc financial models
- Self-motivated and ambitious, ability to operate without supervision
- Experience leading supplier negotiations
- Excellent financial acumen. Understanding of key financial metrics
- Accessible to internal and external clients
- Demonstrated success using analytical skills, as well as written, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity in a larger, decentralized organization on a global level
- Ability to work effectively at the executive level and at all suppliers
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Contract development and negotiation.
- Strong, clear, and concise communication skills
- Strong business acumen and solid knowledge of business systems, supplier development, and process improvement.
- Flexibility to conduct calls and communications with international associates and suppliers in both Asia and Europe or elsewhere as the need arises
- Ability to travel up to 25%
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.