Commercial and Bid Specialist UK
Job Title: Commercial and Bid Specialist UK region
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions: As per local procedures
As a Commercial and Bid Specialist you will be responsible for business growth and driving profitability on new and live products. Building both key customer and vendor relationships to support the Optimas business strategies. Working closely with key stakeholders, the Commercial and Bid Specialist will proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve new business win conversions and performance under the guidance of the Head of Commercial UK.
Responsible to: Head of Commercial UK
▪ Understand, the company's growth and profitability objectives and with total enthusiasm and commitment achieve and exceed them.
▪ Support New Business opportunities by providing our best commercially competitive offer in line with Company objectives and in line with the customers' requirements
▪ Develop collaborative dialogue with all customer contacts to support active negotiations on outstanding business opportunities
▪ Support our Supply Chain in ensuring current partners are aligned to market conditions and identify potential risks
▪ Uphold a collaborative dialogue with key supplier contacts to lead commercial negotiations
▪ Ensure all deadlines are met in line with Customer and Business expectation
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
▪ Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders during the processing of customer requests, ensuring that a focused quotation is issued
▪ Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our customers and suppliers.
▪ Support KPI activity
▪ Ensure best practice is followed to achieve a seamless customer experience
▪ Support or facilitate meetings as required with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
▪ ‘Get the deal done’ close out in real time customer quotations to enhance win opportunities and company profitability
▪ Maintain records as required.
Key Skills and Competences
▪ Positive influencer
▪ Negotiation Skills both Verbal and Written
▪ Results Focused
▪ Strong Computer Knowledge/Skills
▪ Strong Communicator both Verbal and Written
▪ Product Knowledge
▪ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balance workload effectively, assess the need for immediate action and prioritise multiple tasks
Health and Safety
▪ Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
▪ Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfies current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
▪ Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
▪ Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
▪ Operate and Enforce good housekeeping
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Manager Signature: