Regional Quality Manager
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an energetic and driven Regional Quality Manager with a passion for process optimization, compliance, operational excellence and a keen focus on total cost. You will be responsible for leading the JLR DLF Quality Function in Birmingham as well as providing strategic support for our manufacturing facility in Droitwich. The ultimate objective is to deliver deliver a highly responsive internal and external customer experience.
This role reports directly to the Director of Quality of Supply Chain Development – EMEA.
- Drive the main Ford Otosan and TT cross functional team to best in class to meet and exceed requirements, through strict process compliance and adherence, and future proofing of processes and people to deliver now and in the future.
- Manage, conduct quality audits internal and supplier quality audits.
- Manage, submit and control 8D, PPAP reports, and participate all quality meetings with relevant OEM’s.
- Develop, coach, and train a team of 2 quality engineers and daily activities.
- Manage the returns process, MRB (material review board), and quarantine inventory and ensure appropriate action is taken to ensure control and improvement.
- Manage documentation of and compliance to QMS processes for areas of responsibility.
- Meet quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements, supporting preparation of the annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective and preventive actions.
- Create and manage reports to track internal and external KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) including Right First Time and Zero PPM objectives.
- Identify opportunities to reduce TCQ (Total Cost of Quality) and improve service.
- Develop and deploy systems, processes, and people to enable safe launch of new and change products.
Warehouse and Support:
- Host external Quality Management System audits and prospective customer visits of the warehouse facility as requested.
- Work closely with New Business development to onboard new Customers directly into the warehouse Optimas TR site
- Develop and deploy systems, processes and people to enable safe launch of new and change products
Customer Quality Experience
- Develop a deep understanding of customer requirements and ensure these are met through the operational processes of the business.
- Collaborate with customer quality managers to ensure appropriate responses to formal (8D) and informal quality requests are provided.
- Support requests from a variety of internal stakeholders to address and resolve concerns impacting customer satisfaction and performance, as needed.
Operational and Service Excellence
- Support consistent implementation, auditing, and evaluation of company operating processes, procedures, forms, manuals, and tools.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests to improve performance, and exploring opportunities to add value.
- Maintain the balance between risk and cost to improve quality performance at an improved TCO.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Orientation.
- Building Effective Teams.
- Peer Relationships.
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Problem Solving.
- Managing and Measuring Work.
- Priority Setting.
- Decision Quality.
- Process Management.
- Technical/Industry Learning.
- High Sense of Accountability.
- Delegation Skills.
- Drive for Results.
- Sense of Urgency.
- Timely Decision Making.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in quality management and process improvement within a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment highly preferable, specifically automotive OEM
- Ability to mentor and develop teams
- Driven, self-starter and results-focused, passionate about meeting financial and operational performance objectives
- Significant experience with problem solving tools (8D, 5 why, Root Cause Analysis, CAPA).
- Experience with quality management systems (TIATF16949/, VDA 6.3, ISO 9001).
- Experienced in the use of Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP).
- Proficient in business software including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP.
- Project management skills.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a world-class team across Quality, Manufacturing and JLR Direct Line Feed, and have the ability to make a real impact with huge exposure to senior management. You will mentor and develop a strong team of Quality engineers for future succession planning, and work with an experienced and knowledgeable team in a busy and rewarding environment.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1