Director, Sourcing Project Management
JOB TITLE: Director, Strategic Sourcing Project Management
SUMMARY: The Director of Strategic Sourcing Project Management will lead a team of PM’s responsible for global sourcing projects. Responsibilities include working cross-functionally to ensure on-time delivery of projects and providing direction to the teams for staffing projects and implementing changes based on opportunities. This project requires strong communication and change management skills. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset with the ability to present creative solutions and out-of-the box approaches, and delivery results. The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to develops strong communications, tailored to convey key information and/or concepts to specific audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage strategic programs designed to deliver cost savings and operational efficiencies.
- Provide leadership and oversight to PMs
- Assess complete projects and break them down into management pieces.
- Identify and address performance, resource, and alignment gaps through partnership with cross-functional stakeholders and team members.
- Ensure regular stakeholder communication is maintained.
- Work with team to manage and mitigate risks that could impact on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Maintain a standard set of core project management tools and templates for use for the PM team.
- Guide team in developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; manage dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices for project execution and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Will lead 3 direct reports globally.
Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university –OR- 10 years’ direct experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management position
- 2 years experience leading project teams
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, can influence indirect personnel and motivate others
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to understand the financial impact of decisions on the organization’s budget.