The Quotation/Estimator Engineer is responsible for developing the quotation package may include estimating material and labor costs, creating conceptual layouts/renderings, getting quotes from sub suppliers and writing the technical portion of a the quotation for the customer. The quote package is expected to have accurate cost estimates, defined risks and include what is necessary to meet the customer's expectations. Outstanding collaboration with other members of the Supply Chain, Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Teams is critical to achieve the objectives.
The Quotation/Estimator Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Communicate with secondary vendors and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates in details for products
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors
- Prepare cost analysis
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, or similar field combined with a minimum 6+years experience cost estimating cold headed fasteners/products.
- Able to read customer drawings and specifications related to cold headed screws/products.
- Strong understanding of cold heading and secondary processes
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.