IT Internship at Optimas
Interns will experience these challenges and solve problems side-by-side with experienced engineers and administrators. Successful candidates will apply technology and develop processes to solve real problems. Projects assigned depend on experience.
- Develop management systems for configurations and knowledge
- Test, plan and deploy leading workplace solutions
- Test, plan and deploy leading infrastructure solutions
- Modernize servers and enterprise application systems
Ideal candidates will be students of Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Engineering or related studies with a passion for exploring new technologies, an appreciation for customer satisfaction, and the ability work within a team. Extensive experience is not a requirement, but the ability to learn quickly and work systematically are expected.
Technical Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Automation/programming languages and open source software
- Linux and Windows Server operating systems
- Cloud services, such as AWS and Azure
- Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint and similar collaboration systems
- Software application installation and management
Personal Talents, Skills and Knowledge
- Strong personal interest in technology
- Internal drive and urgency to solve problems systematically
- Attention to detail (organizing information, being accurate)
- Effective planning, prioritizing, goal setting skills
- Ability to recognize best-known methods and to design standards
- Demonstrated commitment to quality (including testing and validation)
- Awareness of industry-leading and innovative products
Our internships provide an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience which complement academic pursuits.
Optimas is a global distributor of fasteners, c-class products and safety supplies, delivering around 10 billion components worldwide to leading manufacturers every year. Optimas has a diverse, global team of over 1,600 individuals, operating from 16 countries, 60+ distribution centers, 9 quality labs and 2 manufacturing locations to support the complexities of our customers’ industries, enabling them to achieve their goals and be successful.