Human Resources Business Partner
We are looking for a Dynamic, hands-on, highly driven Human Resources Business Partner to act as the subject matter expert in HR-related matters for our operations in Mexico and south of United States.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability and experience performing HR-related duties on a professional level, working closely with senior HR management in supporting the region.
The Human Resources Business Partner carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
- Benefits administration
- Employee relations.
- Performance management
- On boarding
- Policy implementation.
- Employment law compliance.
The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the following:
- Understand the business strategy and its HR implications to ensure HR practices are supporting the business in achieving their objectives.
- Able to provide function heads with value-added HR advice and support in their people management.
- Assist for the successful implementation of corporate HR initiatives in the region.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Analyze staff turnover reasons and propose improvement plans to management.
- Assist the Total Rewards Leader with compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Ensure consistency and compliance of HR practices within Optimas employees.
- Maintain effective communication to keep corporate HR apprised with critical people issues.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Provide effective consultation to line managers on HR issues and projects.
- Develop and implement region people development programs.
- Assist line managers in addressing associate performance issues in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will thrive working at Optimas if you have the following:
- S. Degree in Human Resources, Administration or any other relevant academic background.
- 7 to 10 years of progressive HR generalist, preferably in the heavy-industry.
- Sound knowledge of local statutory and legal requirements.
- Experienced in full spectrum of HR management.
- Be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Good communication, negotiations and influencing skills.
- Strong Analytical skills and Multi-Tasking ability.
- Exceptional resourcefulness.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal (MUST).
- Being able to speak fluent French is viewed very favorably.
- Ability to work efficiently and achieve results, while maintaining confidentiality and high quality and ability to work in fast-paced change-oriented environment
- Executive presence – ability to convey ideas with clarity and impact along with active listening
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.