We are looking for a self-starter, highly-driven Quality Engineer who will provide flexible Quality support to both internal and external customers forming part of the Technical services team including handling of customer complaints, VA/VE, BOM validation, Line Trials and Launch Support.
The Quality Engineer will be required to manage multiple projects at once, working with not only the Engineering Team, but also the Purchase, Quality, New Part Introduction and Operations teams in both Optimas and the Customer.
The Quality Engineer will be based on our facilities in Sarreguemines ,France, reporting to the Quality & SCD Manager for North Europe. The ideal candidate will be a professional with a passion for quality and improvements, with excellent leadership skills, and can demonstrate this experience within a Manufacturing environment.
If you are a dedicated professional and fearless learner who thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment, this is the place for you!
The Quality Engineer will be performing the following responsibilities and duties:
- Handling customer complaints (Visit customer on site)
- Liaise with suppliers to get corrective and preventive actions.
- Single window interaction to customer for any & all quality requirements.
- Access, upload and up to date with customer quality portals and internal quality portal.
- Helping customers with advice on fitment of parts, if required.
- Coordinate with lab technician to support customers on special inspection requirements.
- Advice to customer on new fasteners required for new design projects
- To rationalize part profiles to utilize the minimum number of part numbers, standardizing as much as possible
- To generate Engineering based VA/VE proposals to provide savings
- Logistical support on vehicle launches
- Complete Line Trials in accordance with the plan
- To maintain and develop a set of key performance indicators
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- S. in Industrial, Mechanical or other Engineering discipline.
- 2 - 5 years automotive quality experience (MUST).
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP
- Excellent French and English communication skills - Both written and verbal [MUST].
- Analytical skills & Good problem solving skills.
- Process orientation – the necessity to maintain good records and demonstrate value mean that a process lead method of operating is important
- Customer Service with a “Can Do” attitude
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Always act in a professional manner with respect that in line with Optimas’s guidelines and be an example to others.
- Flexible working should Line Trial or Launch support requires it
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.