We're seeing a Buyer to join our dynamic organization in Mexico. The position is based in our facilities in Apodaca, Nuevo León.
he Buyer is responsible for optimizing product availability and lowest cost in a multi-location global distribution environment. Outstanding collaboration with other members of the Supply Chain, Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Teams is critical to achieve the objectives.
If you're a motivated, challenge-seeker with a genuine interest in growing and developing your career, this is the place for you.
The Buyer will be responsible for the following:
• Respond to demand requests and place purchase orders for materials to meet requirements.
• Manage supplier relationships to ensure cost, quality and supply assurance goals are met.
• Monitor purchase price variances and resolve shipping & invoice discrepancies
• Implement supply chain strategies & manage day to day supply issues.
• Manage inventory levels based on market rate of demand.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities
• Collaborate with strategic sourcing on supplier roadmaps and strategies
• Manage supplier compliance to contracts (costs, lead-times, terms, etc)
• Monitor and manage supplier delivery performance.
• Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of materials.
• Communicate pertinent information to both internal customers and international suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
• Streamline procurement processes with efficient use of ERP/MRP systems and other tools
• Assure that all system generated planning tasks are executed and all system data is maintained.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
• Strategic Vision.
• Building organizational capacity.
• Results driven.
• Embrace change.
• Collaboration and Influence.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Customer value and Market focus.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Knowledge of materials management, supply chain, distribution, warehousing and purchasing.
- PC proficient, working knowledge of MS Office applications, Microsoft Dynamics AX experience desired.
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Good organizational skills – ability to prioritize and do problem solving independent of supervision
- Excellent English Communication Skills - Both written and verbal.
- Ability to exercise and apply critical thinking to day-to-day situations
- Solid experience in working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using formulas, inserting charts, sorting, pivot tables).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess financial awareness and ability to perform basic cost/benefit analysis
- Knowledge of global market conditions and the impact to the specific cost drivers of those products under his/her responsibility.
- Strong ability to solve problems and produce alternative solutions
- Detail-oriented with effective time management and prioritization skills
• Bachelors’ degree in Supply Chain Management, Management, or similar field combined with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment/working directly with industrial manufacturing suppliers. Relevant work history and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
• Working knowledge of purchasing and supply chain concepts with APICS, CPIM, NAPM certification and/or association a plus.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.