Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Quality Engineer to work with the Quality Manager to manage the assigned regional APQP and Quality Engineering activities for Optimas UK, its Customers and Suppliers.
This role reports directly to the UK Regional Quality Manager.
- Manage the regional APQP and Quality Engineering activities for assigned Customers & Suppliers.
- Manage the regional reduction of the COPQ with assigned Customers and Suppliers through robust APQP and effective problem solving techniques (8D, Six Sigma) to ensure RFT products.
- Work on assigned non conformance issues to ensure minimum disruption and cost to Customer builds schedules from initial containment to validation of root cause and implemented CAPA. All concerns to be tracked within the Optimas systems and controlled following the 8D process (DMAIC Methodology), ensuring all process steps are expedited to closure.
- Work with the local Inspection teams and the Envoy’s (Operations Team) to manage containment on site at Customers and validate products to ensure integrity of supply lines and products and the segregation of non conforming products.
- Manage the cost recovery of all expenditure associated with process failure within the supply chain.
- Provide training and support on Quality tools and techniques to the wider business functions in order to allow the seamless flow of Quality related activities.
- Manage all new / changed products through feasibility, APQP and PPAP processes (Working with GCOE) to ensure RFT PPAP quality and expedited assigned Customer & Supplier approval.
- Take responsibility for assigned Customer scorecards (portal performance), ensure that Optimas data is up to date and current. circulate performance data on a regular basis and address any poor performance with the relevant process owner. Report performance and actions to improve in regular QSCD forum and Customer Experience relating to previous and ongoing performance.
- Hold regular performance reviews to fixed agenda with assigned Customers.
- Work collaboratively with the regional network of SQEs throughout EMEA/APAC
- Support assigned Category Management projects as the leader for Quality, set out QSCD expectations in relation to Customer and Supplier requirements, champion and expedite all actions and issues to closure to ensure project success.
- Support the business on Internal audits, the compliance and ongoing development of the Optimas business system processes and procedures.
- Manage the local Quarantine process to ensure all productivity and efficiency targets for Quarantine and RTV are met.
- Facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement activities in support of PTP and OTC requirements to drive internal performance.
- Manage and prepare key performance data and reports as directed by the RQM (QM) and required by the business.
- Manage the Inspection function for assigned customers to ensure that inspection work loads are assessed, planned and delivered to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Provide occasional support to the Inspection function during times of stress, with full support to be provided during inspectors vacation time.
- Manage and complete the Internal Audit Schedule as assigned and ensure that all actions arising are closed expediently in line with agreed arrangements.
- Ensure that all requirements for documentation and traceability are maintained with in defined requirements
- Participate in internal Process, PFMEA and Control reviews to ensure the continuous improvement of the Optimas Quality Management System and reduce risk.
- Work collaboratively with peers and other departments to deliver on the wider business objectives – THREAD.
- Provide “out of hours support” to internal departmental stakeholders, Customers & Suppliers.
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Customer QOS / Score Card
• Concerns Days Open, PPM, Incidents, Cost Recovery
• PPAP RFT & OT, PPAP Approvals (Customer & Supplier)
- Category Management Project Status
• Quarantine & RTV KPI
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Quality, Metallurgical or Engineering Qualification
- Proven work experience in an Automotive Quality Role
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems
- 8D Problem Solving and Six Sigma Green Belt
- Working knowledge of APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Tool Box
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to use or understand the use of a wide range of measurement and test equipment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings / specifications
- Ability to travel and work away from home
- Full driving license
- Computer literate (PowerPoint, Excel & Word)
- A strong character with effective communication skills by email, phone and face to face
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines yet with a good attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment, where there is never a dull moment! We are looking for the right person who can make an impact in a short period of time, ‘hit-the-ground-running’ and embark on the role with full enthusiasm and determination.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1