We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic Category Manager, who will be responsible for executing a category specific strategy to optimize the organization’s profitability. This position is based in our offices in Schwalbach, Germany and reports to the Director of Category Management for North Europe.
The successful candidate will have the ability to appraise and improve our sourcing activities by utilizing his or her analytical skills combined with market intelligence, supplier relationships and customer requirements.
If you are a dedicated professional and fearless learner who thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment, this is the place for you!
- Support strategic and project management functions under the direction of the Director of Category Management for North Europe.
- Complete data analysis and recommend short- and long-term strategies for your assigned category and/or supplier partners.
- Drive cost savings by leveraging global spend
- Identify and implement cost reduction ideas including material cost reductions, payment discounts, rebates, etc.
- Support category and supplier profiling and market analysis.
- Present findings and recommendations to Sr. Management.
- Assist in the execution of risk management strategies.
- Engage and develop key supplier partners within the category.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with assigned suppliers.
- Serve as escalation point within the organization for key supplier partners.
- Work with passion and commitment in line with the business category management strategy and mission statement
- Understand and monitor raw material key indices.
- Maintain existing category and part level records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and market focus.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of four (4) years’ procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills / presentation skills and an ability to communicate concisely with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent German and English Communication Skills [MUST]
- Ability to speak French or other additional language viewed very favorably.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Self-motivated, team-focused and innovative; effective time manager.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Interest in Market Dynamics along with business sense.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
- High energy, ability to seek out information and quickly build relationships- both internal and external
- High level of integrity
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.