Business Development Executive (Inside Sales)
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Department: Sales (Internal)
Responsible to: Global Key Account Manager
Objective: The primary objective is to gain business by developing relationships with customers, qualifying opportunities, working with external business development team members and internal stake holders, preparing quotations following guidelines and procedures, maintaining margin expectations and negotiating to secure new business through a combination of catalogue and non-standard catalogue parts. Generating enquiries from dormant and prospect accounts through telesales activity, market research and account qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with and support a designated external sales person with responsibility for a geographical area of the UK
- To communicate primarily via the phone but also via written correspondence and LinkedIn.
- Identify new customers and reactivate dormant accounts
- Build relationships that enable the individual to exchange information, to prepare quotations and to negotiate in order to secure business for the company
- Make informed and responsible decisions relating to the business
- To work with the marketing team on specific customer and market sector campaigns; providing planning, support and follow-up
- To suggest ideas for marketing / literature requirements
- To evaluate a customer requirement to determine growth opportunities
- To prepare quotations in line with company margins through negotiations with customer
- Follow-up on customer sample requests
- Make calls to new customers not currently shown on our database using data sources that will be made available
- Follow up on supplier referred leads
- Follow up on website generated leads
- Research new customers in selected market sectors and make contact to initiate enquiries
- To maintain and up-date business development and quotations databases, ensuring all quotes are followed up to completion
- Work within a team to ensure all targets are achieved and contribute to overall company sales targets as well as agreed individual new business targets
- Identify potential new common product for inclusion in general catalogue
- Be prepared to visit customers when required
- To ensure adequate telephone cover is provided during times as requested or pre-agreed designated times
- To communicate with the Global Key Account Manager, Commercial Manager, External Sales and other colleagues within the department to ensure an exchange of information between all parties to maximize the exploitation of every sales opportunity.
- To deal with customer complaints in a professional and helpful manner at all times, to see the complaint through to completion
- To process sales paperwork and general administration as required
- To participate in area meetings and suggest improvements where possible with a view to hitting sales targets
- To adhere to company procedures and company handbook.
- Be fully acquainted with the Group’s Quality Manuals and Procedures and carry out all operations in accordance with them
- To provide cover in absence of colleagues
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Commercial Manager from time to time. However, such other duties must be reasonable in relation to the employee’s skills, abilities and status.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of successful outbound telesales activity and new business generation
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to work with high volumes of proactive telephone calls
- Good at building lasting business relationships with customers
- Have a close attention to detail
- Be able to analyse data and customer trends