Job Title: New Technology & Value Engineering Manager
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions: As per Optimas quality systems and any local procedures
Responsible for: Cost and weight saving by Value Engineering of both customers’ application and the vendors’ product/process.
Design and specification of new fastener technology for our Automotive customers.
Responsible to: Vice President of Automotive
Indentify savings at the customer or the vendor that results in:
Manage a team of Engineers to achieve:
- Piece part cost saving.
- Reduction of part weight eg lighter component
- Production improvement eg increased corrosion performance
- Reduction of complexity eg two parts replaced by one part
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
- Individual and department KPI’s for cost, weight and part rationalisation
- Weekly and Monthly reports to both internal and customer senior management
- Manage the Total Value Management (TVM) idea from inception through to implementation
- Maintain detailed and up to date tracker of ideas on the customer systems
- Line walk the customer to find TVM ideas
- Work with preferred vendors to identify new technology opportunities to achieve the “Principle Activities”
- Value Stream map vendors to identify cost saving opportunities
Key Skills and Competences
- Strong Engineering background minimum Degree or equivalent
- Proven Management skills capable of motivating both internal or external customers
- Value Stream mapping / Process Engineering
- Automotive vehicles / industry
- Knowledge fasteners, materials & finishes
- Analytical skills & Good problem solving skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Presentation at senior level
- Decision Making
- Leadership & development of the team
- Working as part of a team
- Change Management
- Leading Customer Meetings
- Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint - Advanced
Health and Safety
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Enforce good housekeeping
- Ensure HR policies are followed with full compliance
- Always act in a professional manner with respect that in line with Optimas’s guidelines and be an example to others.
- Flexible working should Line Trial or Launch support requires it
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will assist when other staff members are not available, (eg not at desk, out of office, absent). The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Managers Signatures: