Cold Forge Setter
- To set, adjust and operate any heading machines and wiredrawers within capability.
- Advance arranging appropriate tool sets and material according to works order and details for next job on header.
- Preparation and submission of suitable first off samples for QAD approval.
- All Quality and Self certification procedures in accordance with his QC Brief, including SPC charting.
- Proper use, maintenance and housekeeping of hand tools, gauges and machines in his charge.
- Reporting of any defects or suspected defects in tools, hand tools, gauges, machines or wire to the controlling department.
- Maintain maximum possible output observing production speeds appropriate for each job.
- Weighing off and related record upkeep.
- Keeping of accurate routing records (Quality, Quantity and Materials).
- To assist management and staff in the identification, and introduction of all reasonable measures to improve productivity, quality and working methods and conditions as part of the continual improvement and TQM programmes.
- To receive appropriate training.
- To assist with training of Setter/Operators.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Maintain safe working practices and observe Health & Safety regulations in accordance with Company Policy & current legislation at all times.
To ensure that The Dept maintains a high standard of Housekeeping (cleanliness of workspace and related areas) throughout.
Maintain environmental controls according to current legislation, Company procedures and good practice.
VARIATION OF DUTIES:
- This specification has been drawn up to cover all the main areas of responsibility, at the present time. It should not be considered as exclusive, as it may be necessary to adjust, add or remove functions at any time, which form a natural/logical part of the overall responsibility.
_____ / _____ / _____
_____ / _____ / _____
Copy to Personnel File.
This document is part of the Employment Contract, a copy of which is held in your possession.
Barton Cold-Form (UK) Limited Registered office: Unit 402 Pointon Way, Droitwich Spa, WORCS., WR9 0LP
Registered in England & Wales no 7000736