Global Sourcing Specialist
Global Sourcing Specialist
Strategic Sourcing Manager
As a Global Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for preparing RFQs, negotiating costs, and preparing cost analysis. As a member of the Global Strategic Sourcing team, you will partner with team members on the development and execution of sourcing supplier strategies.
· Support RFQ process by working with cross functional departments to collect all relevant information.
· Support short- and long-term strategy development by collecting and analyzing market intelligence.
· Ensure RFQ Feasibility process is completed on time and to budget.
· Clearly and concisely communicate specifications and requirements to suppliers, and coordinate on-time and complete delivery of quotes per project timeline.
· Complete data analysis, including total cost analysis, and recommend supplier partners and/or alternative strategies.
· Drive cost savings and/or support increased revenue by leveraging global spend and future opportunities.
· Make recommendations for process improvements, supplier initiatives, cost efficiencies, etc.
· Develop professional relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
· Identify new sources of supply and make recommendations to category managers.
· Manage supplier relationships - negotiate MSA’s and build long term partnerships in line with the Strategic Sourcing strategies.
· Previous sourcing experience required.
· Degree in supply chain management, business or technical field + 2 years’ experience. In lieu of degree, must have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate concisely with all levels of the organization.
· Must be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
· Must possess strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
· Self-motivated, team-focused and innovative; effective time manager.
· Excellent financial analysis skills required.
· Interest in Market Dynamics along with business sense
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
· High energy, ability to seek out information and quickly build relationships- both internal and external
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to stand, sit, walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to visit customer’s locations
The above are merely guidelines and do not constitute your daily function and or job tasks. As our customer needs emerge, you should expect your responsibilities and focus to change to meet / exceed the needs of our customers.