Cost Control Manager [Contract]
The Cost Control Manager will monitor purchase cost performance, including compliance to agreements. You will be responsible for identifying areas of cost leakage and developing and implementing gap closing measures.
The successful candidate will work closely with supply chain, sourcing and finance teams to improve our cost performance as it relates to purchase costs.
- Develop and implement cost control programs and procedures to ensure the proper cost management.
- Identify and analyze variances, and provide regular visibility to key stakeholders.
- Monitor and verify invoice discrepancies
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Identify appropriate KPIs, monitor and report regularly.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
- 5 years’ prior experience in a procurement role.
- Prior experience analyzing and understanding costs and appropriate countermeasures.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, manage time effectively and work independently to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, possess excellent organizational skills and can work independently with a minimal level of supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, General Business, or appropriately related field.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong math skills
- Working knowledge of procurement processes and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.