Headquartered in Glenview, IL, Optimas is a global industrial distributor and service provider for leading manufacturers across the globe. We combine logistics excellence, technical expertise, and manufacturing to help our customers make better products at a lower cost while reducing risk in their supply chains. Operating in 15 countries with 1,700 employees, Optimas is a world class leader in the industrial distribution space.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.optimas.com.
The HR Specialist will:
- Act as the system specialist and database administrator. This involves data input and manipulation within the HRIS system (UltiPro) and creation of innovative solutions to reduce manual data input.
- Play an active role in automation projects on an ongoing basis in order to provide efficient and accurate data output for the HR team.
- Champion data integrity exercises to ensure HR data is accurate.
- Serve as the key liaison within HR for data management troubleshooting and process implementation.
- Partner with HR to create insightful analytics.
- Engage with and support the HR team with special projects as needed.
- Prepare or update online employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed.
- Maintain employee records (soft and hard copies).
- Coordinate employment verifications.
- Update HR databases (e.g. new hires, separations, vacation and sick leaves).
- Input relevant data in UltiPro by providing relevant data, like absences, direct deposits, leaves.
- Coordinate and monitor emails and voice messages on the HR hotline.
- Work with HR team and managers regarding onboarding / offboarding process.
- Coordinate meetings, special events, calendar and book travel for SVP, HR.
- Prepare PowerPoint slides and presentations for SVP, HR.
- Coordinate onsite interviews by scheduling candidates with various managers.
- Develop new employee packets for orientation/onboarding.
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing, multi-tasking and follow up.
- Innately curious with an aptitude to learn quickly both informally and through formal training.
- Meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A fast learner, with a calm professional demeanor.
- Able to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while remaining calm and controlled.
- Comfortable learning new technical systems as needed.
- Driven to support your team and employees in a professional and approachable manner.
- Strong aptitude and interest in analyzing data and generating reports.
- Extremely high ethical standards and the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Adaptability to the work environment and ability to manage competing demands, dealing with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to outstanding team members experience with HR.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA / BS degree preferred
- At least 3 years of previous relevant working experience.
- Proven work experience as an HR administrative assistant, Analyst or Administrator
- Hands-on experience with HR software tools
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications
- Knowledge of HR practices
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Teamwork skills
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.