Job Title: Application Engineer
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions : As per Proquis and/or any local procedures within Ford
Responsible for: Management of all local Engineering activity
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
Understand, develop and promote the Company’s business objectives and participate with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them.
Agree with your line manager one’s own objectives, projects and actions to achieve the Company’s objectives, review regularly and instigate any necessary corrective actions to ensure that they are fully achieved.
Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and highlight any training needs and requirements to enable you to undertake your duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
- Support PVT (Plant Vehicle Team) with Line Trial/Functional Build(s) as and when required.
- Raise/request Alert and supply authorized Alert details within the business to start the IPSW process prior to part supply as and when required.
- Support SREA approval from STA/PD/PVT as and when required.
- Support and ensure build support is achieved on/prior to IPD (In-Plant Date) as per customer timing plan.
- Manage specific vehicle line release(s) via WERS.
- Issue weekly Falcon File for specific vehicle line, monitoring change within the BoM and provide Engineering feedback of change via WERS and/or project planner(s).
- Ensure SoW (Statement of Works) is followed at all times.
- To drive cost downs and rationalization towards company objectives and contractual TVM (Total Value Management) targets.
- Customer/Supplier liaison.
- Support and attend running change meetings within the organization.
- Support and attend Launch meetings at plant level as and when requested by Ford.
- Management/support of specific projects and associated project planners.
- Utilize Ford Intranet systems; ensuring roles/responsibilities are met.
- Understand Ford GPDS (Global Product Development System).
- Ensure Ford GFS (Global Finish Strategy) is followed as/when agreed with Fastener Engineering core team.
- Support continuous improvements projects adhere to and follow all Optimas/Ford Work processes/procedures.
- Detailed understanding of products, surface coatings and locking/sealing patches etc.
Promote and protect the Company image, maintain high integrity and confidentiality in all Company matters at all times.
- Ensure Fastener proposal within application packages, is accepted by PD/PVT, Craftsmanship, Ergonomics (where applicable) and Manufacturing prior to release within WERS and/or new part request.
- Issue RFQ (Request for Quotation) to Optimas Commercial team to ensure costs/timings are issued to Ford supporting vehicle line release within WERS.
- Foreign travel may be required. All T&E to be processed in-line with Company policies.
Key Skills and Competences
- Tactical Thinking.
- Results Focused.
- Extensive Computer Knowledge/Skills.
- Prior Fastener and/or Ford experience required.
- Broad knowledge of Metallurgy – Desirable.
- Understanding of the PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) – Desirable.
Health and Safety
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Enforce good housekeeping/clean desk policy at customer location.
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Manager Signature: