Sr. Demand Planner
Sr Demand Planner
Glenview, IL-United States
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
The Sr. Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated to their assigned customers and/or parts. The Sr. Demand Planner also leads a monthly S&OP discussion.
The Sr Demand Planner will be responsible of the following:
- Develop demand forecast for assigned customers and/or parts by overseeing the demand planning tasks, manage the process
- Conduct review meetings with a customers, sales teams, and supply chain to improve forecast accuracy
- Use and maintain the demand planning software as a primary forecasting tool
- Identify areas of improvement and recommend action plans
- Monitor, analyze and prepare key performance reports to include forecast accuracy and MAPE
- Continuous improvement of forecasting processes and systems
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or Supply Chain
- 3-5 years of experience in forecasting and working with large data sets
- Experience with S&OP, leading demand consensus reviews
- Experience in a high sku count, fast turn business a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Advanced math and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Toolsgroup Demand Planning software a plus
- Customer oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across all functional areas
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Decision maker, ability to lead and communicate cross functionally throughout all levels of the organization
At Optimas we believe in having a competitive compensation scheme to motivate and retain our employees. More information will be given throughout the process.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.