Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Glenview, IL-United States
Headquartered in Glenview, IL, Optimas is a global industrial distributor and service provider for leading manufacturers across the globe. We combine logistics excellence, technical expertise, and manufacturing to help our customers make better products at a lower cost while reducing risk in their supply chains. Operating in 15 countries with 1,700 employees, Optimas is a world class leader in the industrial distribution space.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.optimas.com.
As a $1 billion Private Equity backed growth company, the CFO will be part of the company’s executive leadership team. The CFO will be responsible for overseeing the company’s overall financial leadership, as well as playing a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company. The CFO needs to be more than just a trusted financial adviser. The CFO will partner with the CEO and have a collaborative partnership with the senior management team and PE leadership. This person will be a leader within the company and be a key contributor to important strategic and operational decisions. The CFO will help identify new insights to improve business performance that will continue to deliver value to the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the distribution, supply chain or manufacturing industries and be familiar with various business models. This person is also data and technology-centric and is willing to get involved in a hands-on leadership role.
- Coordinate the overall financial activities of the company; lead corporate finance, treasury and cash management, tax and regulatory compliance and planning, accounting reporting, planning and analytics, forecasting, credit, accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Determine, prepare, and records necessary journal entries
- Maintain relationship with external partners (Banks, Bond Holders, Rating Agencies, etc.)
- Manage tax planning, audit process and reporting with external auditors
- Ensure the finance team provides timely insights into financial trends and forecasts as a catalyst to pro-active business management
- Ensure appropriate risk mitigation through systematic risk assessment and risk mitigation tools and processes
- Provide recommendations that enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Partner in the development of strategies for financing business acquisitions, capital expenditures, potential expansion and other investment initiatives
- Evaluate and advises on the impact of long-range planning, and introduction of new programs/strategies
- Manage FP&A, financial forecasting, budgets, targets to actuals, variance, trend, and scenario analysis. Looks forward strategically to provide estimated growth targets from an FP&A prospective
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions and proactively minimizing the impact of variances
Establish effective internal controls and processes required to manage and grow the business, while ensuring compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
CFO Function & Financial Acumen – A senior executive who has managed the financial actions of a company and ensures monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Accountability and oversight of critical finance and accounting division operating functions, accounts receivable, accounts payable and treasury. Expertly tracks and monitors income statements, balance sheets, capital structure, investments, cash flow, financial plans, forecasts, EBITDA, and tax, analyzing financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing corrective actions where necessary.
Entrepreneurial Growth Mindset – Desire to build, grow, and own the outcomes of the company’s success. Someone who wants and values the opportunity to lead an innovative business in its early transformation phase. Will have a continuous improvement mindset capable of driving for results often with limited or incomplete information. Takes initiative to learn quickly and runs with what information is available.
Corporate Culture Alignment – Someone who is described as having an authentic executive presence, is relatable, approachable, and respected across the organization. Thrives in a performance-based culture, does not have an ego, is willing to roll-up their sleeves, and approaches departments, projects, and people with respect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA and/or CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of experience as a stand-alone or divisional CFO, preferably in a Private Equity backed company in the industrial economy with global operations
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions, Due Diligence and Acquisition Integration
- Experience with preparation of operating reporting materials
- Experience in preparing Financial Statements
- Experience preparing materials for and interacting with bond holders and rating agencies
- Experience with Insurance and Benefits
- Experience in Investor Relations
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and financial modeling required.
- Must be a “hands-on” / “roll-up up your sleeves” individual and comfortable in a lean organization to drive results
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strategy, Planning and Management, Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Accounting, General Ledger and Administration and Operations
- Financial Management – Treasury and Financial Relations and Policies
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.