Regional Category Manager - NE
Regional Category Manager
As a Regional Category Manager, you will be responsible for translating supplier strategies into actionable plans and building key supplier relationships to support these strategies. Working closely with Strategic Sourcing, the Category Manager will proactively identify areas of opportunity for cost control and supplier performance improvements.
· Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly; ability to manage more than one initiative at once.
· Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
· Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven
· High energy, ability to seek out information and quickly build relationships- both internal and external
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency in an extremely fast paced work environment with tight deadlines
· Strong negotiating and closing techniques
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer based systems
· Strong work ethic – self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self-initiative; persistent and tenacious; excessive level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results.
· Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
· Demonstrated negotiation, risk mitigation and cost management experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role within a related industry.