Warehouse Associate - Operations Support
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
We are looking for driven, capable Warehouse Associates - Operations Support to our company’s warehouse operations including Shipping, Receiving, Packing, etc..
You will receive, input, sort, load and unload products and you will perform various warehouse support activities.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
As a Warehouse Associate – Operations Support, you may be responsible for the following activities in accordance with your role:
- Daily document reconciliation and reporting
- Check that goods advised match goods rec’d, check PO for qty’s and due date.
- Validate shipment status and locations using exception reports, spreadsheets, websites, and other tools and methods.
- Book onto the system, batch each box as required, pass samples and paperwork to Inspection.
- Confirm receipt of any documentation accompanying the delivery e.g. material cert, test cert. etc.
- Interact with procurement, order entry, trucking companies, and customers to address issues
- Sort and prepare documents to notify LTL carries that product is ready to be shipped
- Move boxed goods to designated storage locations.
- Produce dispatch notes, picking lists and labels, as necessary.
- Resolve discrepancies noted when picking.
- Prepare Requisitions to order materials to support operations
- Advise line manger of potential stock outs.
- Confirm items picked correspond to the items described on the note.
- Arrange for the issue of certification as detailed on the picking note.
- Load goods for dispatch onto transport within deadlines
- Continually check for damaged labels and request replacements as necessary.
- Cover for envoys as and when required, subject to relevant licenses held.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Customer Service
- Results focused
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Ability to use computer programs
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years relevant experience required, warehouse setting preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and maintain records as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Forklift experience preferred.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies:
Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.