Business Development Manager Value Added Solutions
VAS Business Development Manager
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on
delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
You will be a passionate, enthusiastic and energetic VAS Business Development Manager responsible for developing and expanding our business. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You will have a proven track record of developing and winning business.
This role reports directly to the VAS Sales Director, who reports to the EVP, UK.
- Identify, develop and win new key accounts to achieve target business plans for sales and profit.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Work with the Sales Director to develop and implement business development plans for your region.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Increasing the value of current customers while prospecting for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Researching organisations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Promote and sell Optimas’ total value proposition (products, engineering & supply chain) within an assigned geography to a selected list of target opportunities.
- Build strategic relationships with all related functions internally and externally to achieve goals.
- Be aware of market change and competitors activities and report periodically.
- Negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Present customer pipeline updates monthly.
- Analyse business performance of key accounts and formulate strategies and action plans to improve GP and profitability.
- Work with internal departments to create proposals that will win new business while attaining profitability and EBITDA objectives.
- Strong communication skills, capable of building internal and external collaboration.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Meet or exceed sales targets.
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as required.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strategic Vision
- Building organisational capacity
- Results driven
- Excellent leadership skills
- Embrace change
- Collaboration and Influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer value and Market focus
- Ability to engage the whole organization to win new business.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, ethics, motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university, or proven work experience.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly; ability to manage more than one initiative at once.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven.
- High energy, ability to seek out information and quickly build relationships- both internal and external.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with a sense of urgency in an extremely fast paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiating and closing techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic – self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self- initiative; persistent and tenacious; excessive level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results.
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer based systems.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global organization, working within a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1