Customer Quality Engineer
The Quality engineer is a dynamic, technical engineer with a passion for improving the customer experience and satisfaction within the Optimas Americas business unit.
The Quality Engineer works with internal resources (manufacturing, suppliers, supply chain/operations, program management, sales, engineering, operations, data governance. etc) in a customer-facing role to deliver superior quality performance.
The position will focus on activities that promote overall customer satisfaction, business segment growth, strengthened customer relationships through resolution of customer issues, process improvements, and compliance activities to relevant standards.
The ideal candidate has a history of success interacting with customers in a quality capacity, knowledge of quality systems and automotive requirements, and driving cross functional initiatives to support quality performance goals. Fastener and/or distribution experience is preferred.
· Lead the process of providing timely responses to assigned customers on quality matters (8Ds, COPQ, corrective and preventive issues, PPAP/ISIR part approvals, audit, customer visit support) using Optimas processes and problem-solving tools.
· Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests to improve performance and exploring opportunities to add value.
· Understand and follow customer specific quality systems and procedures.
· Understand and comply with QMS policies and procedures
· Support consistent implementation, auditing, compliance and evaluation of company operating processes, procedures, forms, manuals, and tools.
· Exhibit proficient interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal cross functional teams regarding technical and business matters at a level appropriate for the audience.
1) Functional/Technical Skills (Manufacturing/Distribution Environment)
2) Customer Orientation.
3) Problem Solving.
4) Interpersonal Savvy/Communication.
6) Process Management.
7) Drive for Results.
8) Responsiveness/Sense of Urgency.
9) High Sense of Accountability.
10) Timely Decision Making.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience. Mechanical Engineering a plus.
· Blueprint reading. GD&T is a plus.
· 5 years quality experience, CQE a plus.
· 1-3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Significant experience with continuous improvement processes (5 why, Root Cause Analysis, CAPA).
· Working knowledge of Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP, CAPA).
· Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and related tools; Green or Black Belt is a plus.
· Internal auditing or process auditing experience preferred (IATF 16949, ISO 9001).
· Process and industry knowledge.
· Automotive experience preferred.
· Fastener experience preferred.
· Business software proficiency including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP.
· Effective project management skills.
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands / Travel:
· Domestic travel (car/air) 10-15%.
· Infrequent international travel to support business demands. <5%.