Sourcing Transitions Project Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated Sourcing Transitions Project Manager looking to make an impact in an industry leading organization.
This position is responsible for project managing Sourcing Transitions to drive supplier re-sourcing for strategic and / or cost benefit and to support strategic re-positioning and supply base rationalization. This position is responsible for developing, managing and executing Sourcing Transitions that support sourcing strategy and deliver cost / working capital / supply chain benefits. The Sourcing Transitions Project Manager must be able to drive Transitions Projects leveraging Standard Transitions Process tools to lead cross-functional teams while ensuring that cross-functional partners are held accountable. The Transitions Project Manager should leverage their project management experience to manage complex projects that require supplier to supplier Transitions globally.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
- Use Standard Transition Process to execute Sourcing Transitions and manage Sourcing re-source / outsource projects to meet deliverables.
- Lead cross-functional, global teams to achieve goals as set by the business, and ensure the teams identify and manage risks/opportunities.
- Develop project plans, coordinate activities to execute the plans, and ensure all supplier quality, delivery, and pricing objectives are being met.
- Lead cross-functional teams of Category Managers, Engineering, Program Management, Supplier Development / Quality Engineering, Planning and others to achieve deliverables.
- Ability to engage and drive suppliers to execute as needed.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will thrive working here if you have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Program Management, or Engineering.
- 1+ years of experience in supply, materials management, transitions or project management or related field.
- 1+ years of experience with Project Management, Sourcing or Factory Transitions of high visibility projects with aggressive timelines.
- 1+ years using Project Management tools, (project plans, MS Project, RACIs, reporting.)
- Ability to lead and support several concurrent projects and develop strong relationship within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Professional Certifications in Project/Supply Chain/ Procurement/Contract Management.
- 3+ years' experience with common process management tools, for example: transitions protocol, project tools, risk assessment, total cost model, etc.
- 3+ years of advanced experience using Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups, and data consolidation) and PowerPoint.
- Working understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to summarize & communicate with data, create strategies & provide recommendations. Measure metrics associated with successful transitions (on time/on target in terms of productivity, cycle time and quality)
- Ability to summarize & communicate the data to create strategies & recommendations
- Must be willing to work in a results based, fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Some Travel Required
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.