Sourcing Project Manager
Sourcing Project Manager
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
We are looking for a flexible self-starter and highly-driven Sourcing Project Manager who will lead, manage and monitor the scheduling, finances, and long term performance of Sourcing Programs. The Sourcing Project Manager will also be responsible for data preparation and execution of supply chain focused programs and plans, to drive opportunities with the supply base to improve free cash flow and EBITDA. The position will work directly with employees assigned to program from various departments, will guarantee projects are completed on time and within budget and communicate status and results to stakeholders and senior management.
In addition, this dynamic position requires the flexibility to lead specific projects whilst also controlling data integrity for key aspects of the sourcing group globally, to provide accurate metrics reflective of global project performance to master plans and schedules. The role is based in one of our UK offices, and reports to the Director, Sourcing Project Management.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution to a global organization with a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere, this is the place!
The Sourcing Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Direct and manage Sourcing and Supply Chain related projects from development to closure.
- Flex between project management and control of performance data globally.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion by liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; manage dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and track status throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other relevant tasks and duties.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will thrive working with us if you have the following
- B.A. / B.S. Degree or other relevant degree.
- 5 years direct experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management position; 2 years experience leading project teams.
- Experience performing financial analysis (NPV, ROI, Total Cost evaluations) and presenting them for management approval required.
- PMP Certification highly desired.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, can influence indirect personnel and motivate others
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong data analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1