Human Resources Generalist
We are looking for a highly energetic, dynamic Human Resources Generalist to support our operations in the Americas in HR-related matters. Based out of our offices in Wood Dale, Illinois, and/or Glenview, Illinois, this role reports into the Human Resources Business Partner for the Americas and involves great challenges and career growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing HR-related duties on a professional level, working closely with senior HR management, internal and external stakeholders.
The Human Resources Generalist will be actively involved in the following functional areas:
- Benefits administration
- Employee relations.
- Performance management
- Policy implementation.
- Employment law compliance.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
The Human Resources Generalist will:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for the organization; assists in the development and implementation of policies and is actively involved in maintaining the employee handbook.
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Leader with recruitment effort for all employees, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Assist the Total Rewards Leader with compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Supports a variety of work sites throughout the US both remotely and in person.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Leads change management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Human Resources, Administration or any other relevant academic background.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist.
- Good knowledge of local statutory and legal requirements.
- Be able to work independently and under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to negotiate and persuade stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills - Written and verbal [MUST]
- Must have availability to continually travel (domestic) - about 35% of the time
- Strong Analytical skills and Multi-Tasking ability.
- Exceptional resourcefulness and self directed.
- Great attitude of service and strong willingness to work in teams.
- Good ability to convey ideas with clarity and impact along with active listening
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.