Customer Service Manager
Optimas is looking for a dynamic, experienced, detail-oriented Customer Service Manager, who will be responsible for scaling and enhancing the team, structure, processes and measurements to help drive excellent customer service and sales growth via Greenville, SC, Customer Service team.
The Customer Service Manager will also develop strategic initiatives for targeted markets and help drive the Company’s strategic direction to achieve long term success, while serves customers by planning, implementing, and evaluating customer service systems; directing staff.
This exciting position will be based in our Greenville, SC, Distribution Center and reports to the Director of Customer Experience, who is based in Glenview, IL.
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for:
- Manages several teams of CSRs through CSR team leads, with ultimate responsibility for all direct reports.
- Accomplishes customer service strategies by overseeing accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Problem-solver and essential resource to your team, handling personnel and customer issues, interfacing with all internal departments to resolve issues on a variety of levels.
- Maintains product shipments by coordinating receipt, processing, and shipment/delivery of orders. Expedites orders as needed.
- Satisfies customer issues by receiving correspondence; answering inquiries; entering orders; resolving complaints.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes customer service and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Effectively recruit, hire, develop, manage and lead customer service reps to drive incremental revenue.
- Coach and mentor the customer service team toward further success and professional growth.
- Monitor goals set by Customer Experience Director for self and team; follow through to meet or exceed those goals.
- Expert in identifying, onboarding, and retaining new talent.
- Provide the team with ongoing motivation and inspiration to establish and follow strategy and process.
- Be a player/coach. Be willing and able to jump in to open doors, close deals and build partnerships with the focus on driving value and profitable growth.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.A. / B.S. in a relevant degree preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of proven experience with a successful track record of building, leading and scaling enterprise customer service teams.
- B2B enterprise Fastener and/or Distribution experience strongly preferred.
- Possess institutional knowledge on enterprise sales tools, and the competitive landscape.
- Advanced experience with various enterprise sales tools and platforms. Fluent with CRM.
- Experienced with hiring, training, developing and leading a customer service team.
- Versed with administering disciplinary action.
- Must be able to make calculated decision based on data versus emotions.
- A leader by example with unbeatable work ethic, enthusiasm for learning and teaching coupled with instinctive business acumen.
- A self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A strong problem-solver who is diplomatic yet effective and efficient.
- Can maintain visibility of all departmental activities that impact the business.
- Have exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable.
- An excellent communicator – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal.
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude.
- Proficient with new and emerging/relevant technologies.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.