Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Meeting the requirements of the company’s PPAP Evaluation Process, support the Technical Services Department when required in day to day activity.
The PPAP Engineer will:
- ISIR/PPAP Project management evaluation/compilation in line with target dates, and
liaising with CSC in order to achieve target dates.
- Ensure new team members are coached and trained in all aspects of PPAP/ISIR
requirements. Advise CSC personnel where necessary if additional information is
- Corrective action management to be carried out for customers, suppliers and internal
issues relating to PPAPs/ISIRs.
- Liase with both customer and supplier regarding PPAPs/ISIRs.
- To ensure Document control, concession management and APQP completion
(Supplier Feasibility Document).
- Product evaluation to engineering drawings and customer/industry standards
- Use of QA and Laboratory measuring and test equipment after initial training.
- Have a detailed understanding of products, surface coatings and locking/sealing
- Have a basic understanding of metallurgy.
- Undertake internal audits and have a basic understanding of Environmental Procedures
- Basic knowledge of ELV Directive and IMDS / CDX Input.
- Create and compile KPI’s.
- Working knowledge of Capacity Analysis Reports
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Min 2-3 year work experience
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Exceptional data entry skills (computer, keyboard, mouse)
- Good Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Good interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills
- Highly motivated, high energy, ‘can do’ attitude, competitive self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Detail orientated
Physical Demands / Travel:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Every Day we go above and beyond:
The above are merely guidelines and do not constitute your daily function and or job tasks. As our customer needs emerge, you should expect your responsibilities and focus to change to meet / exceed the needs of our customers.
Our company is fast-paced, dynamic and has enormous potential like few others, thriving in an industry that's highly demanding and very competitive. Our success so far is based on finding the best talent and putting them together to work in a friendly, challenging and exciting environment. Talent is everything for Optimas.
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.
Page | 1