IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst – Tier 2
Optimas is a global distributor of fasteners, c-class products and safety supplies, delivering around 10 billion components worldwide to leading manufacturers every year. Optimas has a diverse, global team of over 1,600 individuals, operating from 16 countries, 60+ distribution centers, 9 quality labs and 2 manufacturing locations to support the complexities of our customers’ industries, enabling them to achieve their goals and be successful.
Outstanding customer service starts with a great experience and expertise at the first point of contact—the IT Service Desk. IT Support Analysts exhibit grace under pressure as users bring all types of issues and questions at any and all times of day. They know their stuff and who to call, always representing the entire IT organization as professional and approachable. The best compliment is incentivizing users to return for more great support at the next opportunity.
Ideal candidates will be students of Computer Science, Engineering or closely related studies with a passion for exploring new technologies, an appreciation for customer satisfaction, and the ability work within a team. Extensive experience is not a requirement, but the ability to learn quickly and work systematically are expected.
- Prompt, professional response to issues and requests submitted via phone, email, web ticket, chat, SMS, walk-up, or detected by monitoring
- Determine impact and urgency of an issue to determine priority, including security risks
- Conduct initial triage and troubleshooting on a wide range of technology issues
- Resolve issues within scope and continuously expands expertise to escalate fewer
- Escalate unresolved requests with quality work documented
- Guide, train, and advise employees on the proper use of equipment and IT services
- Meet users at their office for deskside support as needed
- Perform defined services, such as client PC builds, network & server maintenance, security operations, etc.
- Manage IT hardware inventory, including deployment and recovery
- Contribute to the IT knowledge base and positive development of the IT environment
- Maintain records in a ticket tracking system and perform to measured service goals
- IBM mainframe and AS/400 experience is required
- Microsoft Windows client operating system & applications
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, and user management/provisioning
- Mobile devices, telephony, and similar personal technology
- Enterprise networking and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with the following is preferred
- Google G Suite or similar enterprise productivity suites
- Server administration experience is a plus, including Windows & Linux
- IBM Mainframe and AS/400 experience is a plus
- Cisco networking command experience, including Meraki, is a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technology field or equivalent experience required
- Excellent English language speaking, reading and writing
- Proven ability to support users with varying technical ability, including C-level executives
- Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem resolution
- Internal drive and urgency to solve problems systematically
- Attention to detail (organizing information, being accurate)
- Awareness of current industry leading, innovative technology products
- Demonstrated commitment to quality (including testing and validation)
- Effective planning, prioritizing, goal setting skills
- Experience with service desk tools and procedures is a plus
- Experience in international customer service and support is a plus
- Frequently required to reach, pull, and/or employ fine motor skills, lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 20 lbs. while working with technology equipment
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page 1 of 2