Buyer (Supply Chain)
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
The Buyer is responsible for optimizing product availability and lowest cost in a multi-location
global distribution environment. Outstanding collaboration with other members of the Supply
Chain, Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support Teams is critical to achieve the
The Buyer will be responsible for the following:
• Respond to demand requests and place purchase orders for materials to meet
• Manage supplier relationships to ensure cost, quality and supply assurance goals are
• Monitor purchase price variances and resolve shipping & invoice discrepancies
• Implement supply chain strategies & manage day to day supply issues.
• Manage inventory levels based on market rate of demand.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities
• Collaborate with strategic sourcing on supplier roadmaps and strategies
• Manage supplier compliance to contracts (costs, lead-times, terms, etc)
• Monitor and manage supplier delivery performance.
• Identify, resolve, and expedite issues to ensure timely identification and procurement of
• Communicate pertinent information to both internal customers and international
suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
• Streamline procurement processes with efficient use of ERP/MRP systems and other
• Assure that all system generated planning tasks are executed and all system data is
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1