Director of Sales, Commercial
The Commercial Sales Director will be a key member of ON24’s Acquisition team with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. The Commercial Sales Director should be highly motivated and will have the ability to impact our key growth areas in the Commercial market segment. This position will manage and continue to build a fast-growing team that sells ON24’s webinar–based marketing solutions to Commercial companies.
Reporting to our VP of Commercial Sales in San Francisco, this is a great opportunity for a high-energy, hands-on sales leader with at least 3 years of management experience in a fast-paced organization who can drive consistent results and have a real impact on the growth and strategy of the organization.
- The Commercial Sales Director will provide the leadership necessary to scale the Commercial sales team.
- Deliver on sales quota that exceeds objectives, ensuring that monthly, quarterly and annual booking and subscription targets are achieved.
- Recruiting, managing, and motivating a sales team to attain sales goals.
- Work closely with reps, peers, manager and executive team to ensure overall team success in relation to defined metrics.
- Manage a team of 6+ reps; focusing in driving sales through sales management process and participating in joint sales calls with sales reps.
- Set individual team member goals, provide performance feedback on results, including annual performance reviews.
- Manage sales forecast to ensure accurate data is provided to executive team.
- Daily sales coaching focused on finding the balance between consultative, value selling and reasonably transactional sales cycles.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve sales processes, drive accountability, and raise the standard of team performance to increase revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
- Must possess excellent management skills to manage & scale a Commercial sales team.
- Experience and previous success managing inside sales teams to over-quota performance.
- Minimum 5 years software sales or technical sales experience, with a minimum of 3 years of successful leadership experience. Experience selling a marketing solution highly preferred.
- Proven success in a quota-carrying sales role.
- Experience with forecasting and managing territories, teams and accounts in Salesforce.com and related reporting & analysis.
- Experience with solution/value selling and demonstrated success selling a premium-priced solution in a competitive market.
- Experience supporting customers in a leadership capacity to structure deals, act as a go-to for long-term relationship establishment, and effectively negotiate contracts and purchase details.
- Motivated by individual and team achievement, proven ability to drive the team environment and contribute to team’s success at all levels.
- Ability to contribute to the successful environment for a developing team.
- Be a mentor to other people who are not direct reports.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Light travel required.