Sr. Cloud Engineer
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and APAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
This role is responsible for providing cloud engineering and operations support to the critical applications hosted in GCP and Azure platforms. This includes working directly with the product engineering team to identify the requirements and help facilitate setting up the targeted cloud infrastructure along with consulting and collaborating DevOps, Infrastructure and other relevant parties to ensure that the platform meet the required scalability, observability and security as per the requirements and standards. This position is under the Solution Architecture team within the Cloud Engineering tower.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for GCP and Azure cloud platforms with respect to cloud engineering and operations practices
- Design, develop, and build the cloud infrastructure architecture
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, containers, microservices, Redis, Kafka, Vault, data platforms etc.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as New Relic, Grafana & ELK
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment in GCP & Azure
- Write Infrastructure as Code to Manage and Operate end-to-end lifecycle operations (monitoring, alerting, security, cost optimization, configuration, backup etc.) in production environments
- Design, create, develop, own and maintain operational procedures for onboarding, managing cloud environments to meet defined SLAs
- Diagnose, troubleshoot public cloud related issues escalated by service desk teams or routed via incident management
- At least 5 years of cloud engineering and cloud operations experience in a high-tech environment with an overall 7-10 of years of experience in the IT
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Agile practices
- Hands-on experience with DevOps tools, CI/CD Pipeline, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with the configuration and implementation of IaaS, PaaS and Infrastructure as Code
- GCP/Azure certification is a must
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, and the ability to meet deadlines
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.