Global Competitive Intelligence Analyst
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way marketers market, powering the live, always-on and personalized experiences that businesses need to create engagement, deliver data, find demand and drive revenue. Through the ON24 Platform, marketers can build data-rich, interactive webinars and content experiences, understand audience behavior and turn that intelligence into action. Informed by more than a billion engagement minutes -- including 12 million polls, 1.3 million surveys, 1.5 million conversations, and conversion of over 17 million resources -- marketers drive more revenue from ON24 experiences than any other digital channel. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide global footprint with eight offices in key regions, including London, Munich, Singapore, Stockholm and Sydney. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
ON24 is looking for a global research analyst that will help drive our go to market efforts by understanding the competitive and broader market landscape. This role will lead the strategy and execution of research across our global regions. This person will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and disseminating market intelligence through various research methods and distributing market-relevant insights to internal stakeholders. You’ll use data gathered through market, customer and field research to drive winning sales plays, inform marketing campaigns, and product strategies that directly impact our ongoing growth and success.
This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
- Define global research strategies that will impact regional team success
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on key competitors’ product, business, sales, and marketing strategies.
- Work with product marketing to develop compelling positioning, messaging and launch processes that differentiate our platform and products
- Prepare content such as battle cards, playbooks and presentations, and maintain assets (keeping them current and actionable). Train for cross-functional teams on an on-going basis.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to help drive competitive take-out strategies and influence product roadmap and messaging/positioning
- Create executive summaries to ensure an informed leadership team.
- Participate in industry events and conferences and report the state of the industry and trends to watch for
- Partner with sales by participating in team meetings, group sessions, deal reviews, and client-facing competitor reviews
- Execute competitive win/loss reviews with sales/account teams, prospects and customers to ensure clear understanding of competitive dynamics
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors and ARR influenced in specific competitive deals
- 4+ years experience working in competitive intelligence or market research role
- Focus on marketing technology highly desired
- Relevant work experience in Product Management, Sales Engineering, Technical Marketing, Customer Support or field-facing Competitive Intelligence
- Excellent communication skills, with the proven ability to translate complex technical concepts into actionable field guidance and differentiated positioning.
- Proven PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience using, testing and understanding technical SaaS products
- Excellent people and project management skills to manage projects and interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.