Intern Data Scientist
.ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinars, content, and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals, and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint, serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
As an Intern Data Scientist, you will work alongside our analytics and machine learning team, using data and experiments to develop insights that will help deliver solutions to increase revenue and improve the customer experience. You will be a part of a young and agile team working across multiple time zones.
- Employ the scientific method to develop and test data-driven solutions that lead to a better experience for our customers
- Contribute to projects from understanding the business case to solution delivery
- Solve problems creatively and build software in a clear, comprehensive, and organized manner
- Collaborate with other members of the analytics team to design, build, maintain, and standardize analytics processes and systems
- An aptitude and passion for solving complex problems
- Exposure to analytical techniques used in recommender systems such as matrix factorization
- Proficiency with the Python and/or R programming languages
- Comfort interacting with a computer via command prompt or terminal rather than GUI
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and SQL
- Self-motivated, independent, proactive, organized, and eager to learn new concepts
- Ability to think critically and communicate ideas effectively
- Experience with real-world application of analytical methods such as Regression, Naïve-Bayes, Decision trees, support vector machines, machine learning, text mining, or Natural Language processing
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.