ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Oracle Database Administrator to help lead the build-out and growth of our database environment and provide input into the overall architecture for our infrastructure and operations. You’ll be responsible for installing, supporting, tuning, securing and scaling the Oracle / MySQL / SQLServer/PostGreSQL database infrastructure/NO-SQL (Couchbase/Mongodb) in our data center as well as monitoring and troubleshooting of the operational environment.
We want someone who can hit the ground running, who loves getting his/her hands dirty, and has the ability to solve complex problems and situations. Great communication skills and ability to multitask are a must. In short, if you are looking for an opportunity to not only make a significant difference in a growing company, but also be part of a sharpshooting sys admin team that will help you grow in this field, ON24 is the place for you.
This position can be based out of Denver, CO or Charlotte, NC. Local candidates only please.
- Day to day management and support of Oracle 11g / 12c/18c Oracle RAC Databases and PostGreSQL on Linux/ MSSQL in Windows in production, QA and dev environments.
- Workload among these flavors of databases is roughly 80% Oracle, 10% MS SQL and 10% PostgreSQL.
- Maintain backup and recovery plans, implement and maintain database security, perform capacity planning, and be part of an on-call rotation providing 24x7 support.
- Analyze current environment, craft and implement robust HA solution for the needs of an ever expanding business environment.
- Oracle Streams/Oracle DataGuard Configuration and maintenance between data centers.
- Responsible for developing and tuning database environments to ensure performance and service delivery expectations are met.
- Participate in the resolution of critical and complex design and implementation issues across projects.
- Write shell scripts / PL/SQL / Perl scripts to extract data from relational sources and automate jobs.
- Monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager / Grid Control 13c.
- Work closely with the development group on database design and implementation projects.
- Change management and documentation of processes and procedures.
- Setup of databases in AWS/ Cloud.
- Learn and setup Hadoop Clusters in future.
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing Oracle databases and related technologies in mission critical high availability production environment
- Experience with PL/SQL stored procedures and detailed knowledge of tuning SQL.
- Must have Oracle Streams or Golden Gate experience.
- Proficiency with Solaris, Linux environments; ability to handle shell/Perl scripting tasks common in system management applications
- Experience with upgrade from Oracle 11g to 12c/18c.
- Performance tuning and analysis of queries.
- SAN storage (Hitachi G400) / EMC VNX 5600/Oracle ODA
- Hadoop Cluster setup for Big data reporting.
- Must be detail oriented, an organized thinker and able to work in stressful conditions.
- Willing to handle trouble at night (although the stability of the environment means calls are rare)
- Willing to handle maintenance at times that are driven by the availability requirements (occasional weekend change implementation)
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Integrity, Creativity, Intellectual Curiosity, High Standards, Persistence, and Achievement oriented.
- Team player, self-motivated and strong willingness to learn new skills.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.