PTI Intern - All Ohio Peterbilt Locations - Req ID 3103
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Truck Technician Trainee will assist Technicians to perform operational duties relating to trucks and/or engine service and repair. Position will involve a 12-week training program in Lisle, IL, attending Peterbilt Certification classes at Universal Technical Institute. The training period will be paid (40-hour work week), housing and tuition will be provided by the company.
Certification earned during training:
- Peterbilt Service Boot Camp
- Peterbilt Electrical Fundamentals
- Introduction to Peterbilt HVAC Systems
- EPA Section 609 Certification
- Diagnosing Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH)
- PACCAR MX Engine Service Technician System Operation
- PACCAR MX Engine Service Technician System Diagnostics
- Hands-On Electrical Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Relay Circuits
- Model 579 Service Training
- Model 579 Electrical
COMPETENCIES LIST AND DESCRIBE:
- Follow safe working practices / procedures. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work with supervisor to follow a career development plan. Complete service reports as required. Maintain personnel time cards
- Communicate effectively with and work harmoniously and constructively with other employees and customers. Attend required training classes.
- Follow clear verbal and written instructions. Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Locate and use service literature and/or technical information.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A vocational diploma or degree in diesel or truck repair, equivalent military training, or previous equivalent experience is preferred
- 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing onto/into trucks.
- Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations, with both constant and sudden loud noises possible.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor