Serviceman Toledo PSD - Req ID 1965
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
The Truck Serviceman performs operational duties relating to diesel engine on-highway truck service and repair. Responsible for the reconditioning and repairing Peterbilt, Caterpillar, and other manufacturer trucks, heavy-duty engines, and components. Determines, through proper diagnostics, the method and sequence of performing a needed repair at high levels of quality. Knowledgeable in the operation and use of testing equipment, specialty tools, reading measuring devices and use of shop equipment.
- Experience with on-highway trucks, diesel engines, and/or heavy equipment is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer scanning/diagnosis software is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and a high level of confidence.
- Customer service skills and safe work habits are a must.
- Must own standard mechanic’s hand tools and box.
- A clean driving record and the ability to work independently will be required.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
Must have desire to approach training and education as life-long process
- Lifting/Carrying 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Standing/Sitting Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing into machines
- Dexterity Normal
- Repetitive Motions Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations, with both constant and sudden loud noises possible.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor